- Dreamworks is having an Art of Puss in Boots exhibition at the Cartoon Art Museum in San Fransisco. I thought that movie was just beautiful, and I love production art, so I would say go – it’s only there until April 22.
- **UPDATED FOR NEW EVENT** Bellarmine College in LA is having a BIG event on February 23. It’s an all-day event discussing race in comics and animation, and LeSean Thomas (the Boondocks cartoon, Black Dynamite, Ben 10, Batman:The Brave and the Bold, and Green Lantern: First Flight) and Brandon M. Easton (new Thundercats writer) will be there.
- The Connecticut Science Center is having a really nice exhibit about animation – explaining the basics of it to those who don’t know much about the mechanincs. Great for kids or for adults fans who are interested in the technical aspects of animation. Cartoon Network has a very heavy presence in it. Hurry – it only runs until March 11!
- The Michigan Historical Museum in Lansing is showing an exhibit of WW2-era Disney cartoons.
- The National Museum of the American Indian is hosting a special screening of animation by Native American and Innuit creators.
- The National Center for Children’s Illustrated Literature in Abiline is spotlighting the work of illustrator and animator Dan Yaccarino.
- Not yet a museum, but beginning construction this year is the China Comic and Animation Museum. Check out the design of this place, it looks awesome.